Welcome! This is the site to apply to 10 Academy as a Fellow. Direct link to the application here.
10 Academy is building a pipeline of Africa’s highest potential young people, those that can have 10x the impact of their peers, solving real-world problems at speed and scale.
10 Academy selects Fellows, some of the highest potential young people on the continent, and offers them one month of training in an intensive, residential and inspiring environment. 10 Academy Fellows are connected with work opportunities and we aim to place 90%+ of 10 Academy Fellows into paid internships within 6 months of the end of the course.
What are we looking for in a 10 Academy Fellow? We are looking for people who can transform their fields of work, using technology to achieve speed and scale. We are looking for a combination of creativity, bias-to-action, work ethic and intelligence.
- 4 Feb 2019 – 1 March 2019
- Location to be determined
- At present, this course will be limited to nationals of Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda and Ethiopia. Nationals of other countries are welcome to apply and their applications will be considered for future 10 Academy training courses.
- Holding a passport from an African country
- Completed an undergraduate degree, in any field, with a graduation date falling between 1 Jan 2017 and 31 Dec 2018.
- Selected Fellows do not pay any tuition fees to attend 10 Academy training.
- Accommodation (shared rooms) and meals are provided.
- Transportation costs to attend training are the responsibility of the selected Fellows.
Post 10 Academy internships
- 10 Academy and the team will make its best efforts to secure paid internships for all Fellows. Our goal is to have 50% of the Fellows start their internships within 2 months of completing the course and 90%+ within 6 months. Please note that internships cannot be guaranteed.
Who’s behind 10 Academy
- The 10 Academy team is current comprised of Arun Sharma, Yabebal Fantaye and Sampson Adotey Jr. Arun started 10 Academy and also works to implement projects in Africa. Yabebal is an award-winning academic working in data science and cosmology, currently based at AIMS South Africa. Sampson is a 2017 10 Academy Fellow, WEF Global Shaper and writing extraordinaire.
- 10 Academy was piloted in 2017 hosted by Ashesi University in Ghana. 22 students from 15 countries attended, 55% women with people from completely different backgrounds. 90% of this class found positions post-10 Academy (some of them found the positions themselves!). In addition to being hosted at Ashesi University, 10 Academy 2017 was supported by the Wellcome Trust, UNESCO, Intel and partnered with the Africa Innovation Foundation among others.
For more information on 10 Academy, click here.
You can pause and restart your application at any time. To be considered for admission to the Feb 2019 course, you must submit your application by 31 October 2018 at 23h59 GMT. Further or incomplete applications can be considered for upcoming training courses, with the next one planned for July 2019 and then regularly thereafter.
We estimate that completing the required sections below will take 60-120 minutes.